AEM 30-3303 V2 DIESEL WATER/METHANOL INJECTION SYSTEM (NO TANK) - UNIVERSAL
THE AEM DIESEL WATER/METHANOL INJECTION SYSTEM ADVANTAGE
Water/methanol injection (WMI) systems reduce air inlet temps and enhance combustion efficiency on turbo Diesel applications, which allows an engine to deliver more power with less effort. Water/methanol injection also offers a host of benefits that promote engine longevity, including the reduction of carbon deposits left by a Diesel’s exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system. AEM’s Water/Methanol Injection Systems for turbo Diesel trucks and SUVs utilize the most robust hardware combined with more advanced features than any other comparably priced water/methanol injection system.
Water/Methanol for Diesels of all Boost Levels
AEM Electronics offers two different water/methanol controller designs for HD and Diesel trucks:
One is a Boost Dependent HD Controller and has an on-board MAP sensor (up to 40 PSI) with a molded in nipple for a boost hose pickup (PN 30-3301 with 5 gallon tank, PN 30-3303 tank-less).
The second HD controller features a multiple input design. The Multi-Input controller can be programmed to work with a 0-5v signal from an external MAP sensor for Diesels running over 40 PSI of boost, or with a frequency based Injector Duty Cycle (IDC) signal, frequency-based mass airflow (MAF), or 0-5v voltage-based MAF signal (PN 30-3351 with 5 gallon tank, PN 30-3352 tank-less).
Note: FOR OPTIMUM RESULTS, ALL WATER/METHANOL INJECTION SYSTEMS AND GAUGES SHOULD BE RUN WITH AN AEM INLINE FILTER (AEM PART #30-3003)
Robust, Easy to Use Controllers
The new HD controller designs feature large, turn-resistant knobs and larger numbering to easily set accurate start and full activation points, with covered status LED and test buttons for added splash resistance. A plug is integrated into the HD controller housings for mating to the redesigned wiring harness’s positive-lock connector. The Boost Dependent HD controller housing (PN 30-3301 w/ 5 gallon tank, PN 30-3303 full kit without tank) has a molded-in, barbed nipple to accept a boost hose (up to 40 PSI) and a wiring legend on the back. The Multi-Input controller (PN 30-3351 w/ 5 gallon tank, PN 30-3352 full kit without tank) has an easy-to-remove plug covering the programming dipswitches and a programming legend on the back for the 0-5v and frequency based settings. Both controller housings feature an easy to access integrated fuse and molded mounting tabs.
Revised Flow Control Strategy for More Linear Fluid Delivery
AEM’s engineers spent extensive time revamping the HD water/methanol controller’s flow control strategy for a more linear flow output delivery. This means that the flow delivery better matches an engine’s need for water/methanol injection, which further improves charge air cooling and reduces EGTs.
- Boost Dependent and Multi-Input HD (external 0-5v MAP or MAF/frequency MAF) controller designs feature large adjustment knobs, integrated plug for harness connection, integrated fuse, covered status light and test button for enhanced splash resistance and mounting tabs
- Wiring harness is terminated with a positive-lock connector on one end with color-coded wires to ease installation, integrated pump ground circuit and additional wire for optional on/off solenoid
- “Boost Safe” failsafe output included (for complete failsafe under all conditions, see Water/Methanol Failsafe Device)
- Heavy-duty high-pressure injection pump features integral fittings, a Santoprene diaphragm and EPDM seals to resist corrosion. Our pump’s quiet, smooth operation is almost undetectable
- Two precision-machined billet-aluminum injectors with integral check valves include multiple nozzles to cover a wide range of horsepower levels
- 5 gallon tank with anti-slosh technology and high tech conductive low-fluid sensor with positive lock connector (tank-less systems available)
- 20 feet of Nylon injection tubing included
- LED dash light for system status and low fluid warning